Hoosier Herbal Hippies

Hoosier Herbal Hippes - If we're not, we would love to be!! Share, learn and explore ideas on how to live a healthier green life. Posting is encouraged. Post locations that soothe your soul. Someone living in your area may need that boost. Share your tips and thoughts - actions that change a persons' world begins with a single thought.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Locally grown tomatoes and cucumbers

I know I'm a little prejudice toward buying local, natural & organic as possible but I have to rave about the tomatoes and cucumbers I bought at Dupont Downs yesterday. The tomatoes were so tasty and perfect in shape and size. The cucumbers were HUGE and tasted like cucs should. I was surprised when I found out they were grown in a local greenhouse in Cedarville - Cedar Creek Farms. These were nothing like the ones you get in grocery stores. The vendor picks them the morning of the market so you know they are fresh.

New to the market is "A Taste of Shipsewanna". A baker that has the most mouthwatering baked goods. From seasonal pies (rhubarb pie this week), breads, cookies, peach & cream fry patty and a blueberry lemon bread I couldn't resist.

Starting the June 16th a semi precious jewelry maker will be joining our growing market family. They stopped by Thursday. The wife had on some of the most beautiful jewelry.

Stop by and see everyone, I think you will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment